Adhesive Tapes – Part 2: Surface Tension, Testing and Durability
Presently, adhesive tapes are not regulated by standards in New Zealand and there are no uniform minimum requirements that have to be fulfilled by products.
Adhesive Tapes – Part 1: Types of Adhesive and How They Stick
Adhesive tapes are used as bonding aids in a wide range of applications in the creation of airtight building envelopes.
When Air Leaks Become a Critical Failure Risk: Aquatic Centres
The new aquatic centre was the pride of the council — a shimmering new facility that was meant to keep active people healthy and provide a safe place for kids. But the new council owners noticed odd things about the building as soon as they…
Specifying for Airtightness and Testing
The goal of the guide specification is simple. Help you define what you want (a demonstrated level of airtightness), and to get a fair price to prove it. You’d be surprised how often these seemingly obvious requirements are poorly defined in project specifications. So here’s…
Fire Testing for Temporary Wall Cladding
A look at how a peel and stick weathertightness membrane performs in a fire when used as a temporary cladding. Combustible, not combustible, smoke development, spread of flame. Closed cavity, intumescent seals, peak heat release, total heat release. Too much information? What was the question…
- Renovating the EnerPHit way in the ‘Winterless’ North October 3, 2023
- Energy efficiency is essential. But can we afford it? May 5, 2023
- A Builder’s Journey Towards a Healthier Future with His Own Passive House Build January 12, 2023
- Building High-performance Homes with Airtightness Layer to Reduce the Running Costs Forever December 15, 2022
- Innovative Offsite Manufactured Build Includes INTELLO® Airtightness System November 25, 2022