Constructing School Roofs the Right Way
The Ministry of Education’s updated guidelines on Weathertightness Design Requirements for New School Buildings outline new changes in the design philosophy of school roofs set well above NZBC Acceptable Solutions.
‘Airtight’ vs ‘Breathable: What’s it all about?
This month we look at ‘airtight’ vs ‘breathable’ building. Is it possible to achieve both within the same build?
Designing for Steam in Modern Buildings
We pipe water inside buildings, so what happens when we turn it into steam?
Risk versus Reward in Building Design
How do I get my design to meet expectations of comfort? I was a gymnast, a National Champion in my grade at the age of 10, now I get the enjoyment of watching my boys compete in trampolining. Brilliant. What fascinates me are the different…
- Renovating the EnerPHit way in the ‘Winterless’ North October 3, 2023
- Energy efficiency is essential. But can we afford it? May 5, 2023
- A Builder’s Journey Towards a Healthier Future with His Own Passive House Build January 12, 2023
- Building High-performance Homes with Airtightness Layer to Reduce the Running Costs Forever December 15, 2022
- Innovative Offsite Manufactured Build Includes INTELLO® Airtightness System November 25, 2022