Constructing School Roofs the Right Way
The Ministry of Education’s updated guidelines on Weathertightness Design Requirements for New School Buildings outline new changes in the design philosophy of school roofs set well above NZBC Acceptable Solutions.
‘Airtight’ vs ‘Breathable: What’s it all about?
This month we look at ‘airtight’ vs ‘breathable’ building. Is it possible to achieve both within the same build?
Designing for Steam in Modern Buildings
We pipe water inside buildings, so what happens when we turn it into steam?
Risk versus Reward in Building Design
How do I get my design to meet expectations of comfort? I was a gymnast, a National Champion in my grade at the age of 10, now I get the enjoyment of watching my boys compete in trampolining. Brilliant. What fascinates me are the different…
- A Healthy Holah Home April 20, 2022
- Pursuing Passive House Prefabrication Perfection March 8, 2022
- Above Sheathing Ventilation – Part 3: Fighting the Sun December 13, 2021
- Above Sheathing Ventilation – Part 2: The Blue Planet October 27, 2021
- Thermoplastic Elastomer Ether Esters: What are they, how do they work? September 20, 2021