Building Science Soup
Building science terminology varies between all countries, even those where the specialisation is just emerging among the fields of architecture, engineering and construction.
Fire Testing for Temporary Wall Cladding
A look at how a peel and stick weathertightness membrane performs in a fire when used as a temporary cladding. Combustible, not combustible, smoke development, spread of flame. Closed cavity, intumescent seals, peak heat release, total heat release. Too much information? What was the question…
Water Resistant vs. Watertight
Protecting structure from moisture before, during and after construction is a code minimum requirement of B2 durability.
Triple Connected Windows – Part 2
It is very important that all aspects of the window are taken into consideration; frame system, double glazing, window size and the connections between the window and the wall.
Improving Thermal Performance with Triple Connected Windows
How to ensure standard thermally-broken windows are positioned to succeed.
- Investment into Health of Aotearoa April 20, 2021
- A Weather Resistive Barrier Solution for Rainscreen Claddings April 6, 2021
- Constructing School Roofs the Right Way February 23, 2021
- Building Science Soup November 27, 2020
- New SASH Developments Offer Social Housing with a Difference October 21, 2020