Above Sheathing Ventilation – Part 3: Fighting the Sun
Summer brings another set of challenges, but ASV is ready to take on the fierce forces of the Sun!
Above Sheathing Ventilation – Part 2: The Blue Planet
We are wet beings living on a wet planet, but we want our buildings to be as dry as possible in order to be durable and to provide healthy places to live, work and play.
Constructing School Roofs the Right Way
The Ministry of Education’s updated guidelines on Weathertightness Design Requirements for New School Buildings outline new changes in the design philosophy of school roofs set well above NZBC Acceptable Solutions.
Above Sheathing Ventilation – Part 1: Rise of the Cavity
If Above Sheathing Ventilation (ASV) is the super hero of roofs that work, then how and why did ASV come into being?
‘Airtight’ vs ‘Breathable: What’s it all about?
This month we look at ‘airtight’ vs ‘breathable’ building. Is it possible to achieve both within the same build?
Designing for Steam in Modern Buildings
We pipe water inside buildings, so what happens when we turn it into steam?
- Pro Clima Contributes to Passive House Retrofit in Piha July 4, 2022
- Passive House with Impressive Blower Door Test Results June 22, 2022
- Building the “Forever” Roof May 24, 2022
- A Healthy Holah Home April 20, 2022
- Pursuing Passive House Prefabrication Perfection March 8, 2022